The Prophet’s Blessed Hair ﷺ
The Ziyarah of the Prophet’s ﷺ blessed hair and ghusl (with zam zam water) takes place every year on the 23rd night of Ramadan in Abu Dhabi at the house of one of the Ansars. As the scholars say, to see a part of the Prophet ﷺ body, is to see him. Allah!
Characteristics of the Prophet’s ﷺ blessed hair, as witnessed and experienced by the Ansar and in particular the Khazraji Tribe, who have had the blessed hair in their family from the time of the Prophet ﷺ. The Prince of Ansar, Ahmed Al Khazraji, who is the holder of the blessed hairs and several relics, has also witnessed these first hand.
1) The blessed hair of the Prophet ﷺ still grows, especially evident when kept away and untouched for a long period of time.
2) The blessed hair of the Prophet ﷺ splits in to 2 or 3 parts; new hair starts sprouting from one strand of hair.
3) The blessed hair of the Prophet ﷺ does not burn when directly placed in fire. This is a method to differentiate it from other hairs, as others will burn when put on fire, the blessed hair does not.
4) The blessed hair of the Prophet ﷺ does not have a shadow as it is light upon light, but when mixed with water or perfume, it does show a shadow but the shadow disappears as soon as the materials dry up.
5) When there is Dhikr or Salawat recited, the Prophet ﷺ blessed hair sways on its own and this is considered to be a sign of the Dhikr being accepted.
6) The Prophet ﷺ blessed hair shines and glows with light for the true believers, all evident for them to see.
7) Clouds form over the blessed hair of the Prophet ﷺ when outdoors. It is a known fact that clouds were always present over the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ when he would step out and likewise, it’s also present over his blessed hair when outside.
8) The household with the blessed hair of the Prophet ﷺ is protected, along with the city.
9)The blessed hair is a cure for all diseases. The Sahaba would mix water with the hair and drink it for Shifa, others kiss it and some would only see it and be cured by its blessings.
A scholar has written about 90 stories in the past 10 years of people being cured from their diseases and penned it in a book called: Secrets of the Relics of the Prophet – Asaarul Aktar ul-Nabawiyah.
10) The belongings of the Prophet ﷺ is a source of immense blessings as evident through history.
Allahumma Salli ‘ala Sayyiduna Muhammad, wa ‘ala alihi wa sahbihi wa barik wa salim.